Alumni Leading Teacher Program Excellence Award
The Leading Teacher Program Excellence Award is given to an Alumnus or Alumna whose performance demonstrates excellence in one of the three Themes of the Leading Teacher Program (Leadership, Diversity and Technology) and is framed in the Spiritan Tradition of Caring.
Leadership: A leading teacher is a life-long learner inspiring a community of learners to pursue continuous improvement and growth, serving as a practitioner guided by an ethical and moral framework.
Diversity: A leading teacher is an advocate who creates learning experiences that demonstrate sensitivity, acknowledges students of all abilities, and values human differences.
Technology: A leading teacher is an architect who builds learning environments that acknowledge and incorporate the power of technology.
Criteria for Eligibility:
1. Alumnus or Alumna of the Duquesne University teacher education program (PreK-4th, Middle Grades 4-8th, Secondary Education, BCIT, Special Education, English as a Second Language & former programs in Early Childhood Education N-3 and Elementary K-6)
2. Five years of continuous teaching experience after degree was conferred
1. Current resume
2. Essay and artifacts (see instructions below)
3. Two Letters of recommendation from any combination of the following:
4. Proof of graduation from Duquesne University
Instructions for Essay:
1. Describe how your accomplishments in teaching and community involvement relate to and exemplify one of the three Themes of the Leading Teacher Program and the Spiritan Tradition of Caring at Duquesne University. Provide specific descriptions and evidence of distinguished performance framed in the Spiritan Tradition of Caring in at least one Leading Teacher Program Theme area (e.g., artifacts demonstrating impact on student learning, impact on university, P-12 schools, or community-based efforts).
Application Materials Due: April 14, 2017
Award: Engraved Plaque with certificate
School of Education Diploma Ceremony
Announcement in DU Alumni Newsletter (Bulletin From Our Bluff)
Post on DU Alumni FB Page
Announcement on SOE website
Possible SoE Alumni Profile on Website
*** Incomplete applications will not be considered by the committee.