Health Management Systems
Health Management Systems is an integration of healthcare, business management, and information systems.
As the healthcare delivery system is held to greater accountability, healthcare providers and entities must demonstrate quality outcomes, fiscal responsibility, and efficient and effective practices. To do this, health management systems professionals collect and analyze data, incorporate innovative management techniques, and utilize new technologies to reengineer healthcare.
Health management systems professionals are the inventors, innovators, and entrepreneurs for the constantly evolving healthcare delivery system.
A Unique Blend of Skills
Graduates are prepared to understand trends and articulate solutions in the evolving healthcare market. This health professional possesses a unique blend of skills in health sciences, business management, and information systems.
- Health sciences aid communication with other medical professionals and in understanding the patient perspective.
- Business management strategies are needed to manage not only a variety of healthcare settings such as hospitals, physician practices and long term care facilities, but also to manage data and information.
- Information systems are utilized to collect, manage, and transmit data to aid in the delivery of cost effective healthcare services.
The combination of health sciences, business management, and information systems will help professionals to meet the future healthcare challenges.
Health Management Systems at Duquesne
Health Management Systems is a department that is project oriented. You will learn and do "real world" cases; you will be challenged by factual issues; you will learn beyond the book; you will use what you learn.
A Diversity Of Employment Opportunities
Among our graduates, employment titles include:
- project manager,
- systems analyst,
- web developer,
- insurance specialist,
- medical records supervisor,
- healthcare consultant,
- network analyst,
- and program analyst.
Students will pursue employment in:
- physician practices,
- software vendors,
- consulting companies,
- insurance companies,
- and managed care organizations.
Still not convinced? Look at the facts about HMS Careers