The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
- Mahatma Gandhi
Some part of you always knew that you wanted to serve a cause greater than yourself. You've always understood that the context in which each of us lives is as important as what we do and why we do it. At Duquesne University, we understand that, too. We know that the values behind our programs are an important reason people choose to study with us rather than somewhere else. Those shared values are at the core of the programs we have designed specifically for members of the military. And it's why the entire Duquesne family works so hard to serve those who serve.
If pursuing your education at a university that respects who you are and what you do is important to you, keep reading to see how our programs have what you're looking for.
Earn Your Degree Wherever Your Duties Take You
Your commitment is an important one - to you and to Duquesne University. That is why you have the option to complete your program online. If your posting allows, you may also attend Saturday classes at Duquesne's Pittsburgh campus or select graduate classes at Fort Indiantown Gap in Annville, PA and at the 316th and 171st in Moon Township, PA.
However you structure your program, you'll learn as you work with other students from corporate, military and nonprofit communities. When you graduate, you'll join an alumni network of more than 81,000 worldwide.
The Right Academic Programs
Make a difference in your career - and your life - with a degree of distinction from Duquesne University. As you complete your military service, you will also be completing a learning experience that exposes you to new ideas and skills readily applicable in the military and beyond.
Earn your degree with accelerated eight-week courses. Choose from 5 degrees. Ask about credit for military experience, via transfer and more.
36 credit programs. Choose from seven concentrations. No GRE or GMAT required.
Service Member Support is Our Commitment to You
- Advisors, faculty and staff who have experience working with military personnel
- Military tuition program (Duquesne is a Yellow Ribbon program participant)
- Opportunities to earn credits through CLEP, DANTES and more
- DANTES participating programs (member of SOC and ConAP)
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.800.283.3853.
Duquesne University Distinction
- GI Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazines named the School of Leadership a 2012 Military Friendly School.
- In addition, the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching has recognized Duquesne University for outstanding commitment to community engagement.
- Read about some distinguished Duquesne alumni.
- Learn more about Duquesne's School of Leadership and Professional Advancement
"Duquesne University offers a top-notch program at a top-tier university that has directly enhanced my abilities as a senior military leader. The program offered me the flexibility to continue the course online while I was deployed to Kyrgyzstan and then immediately return to the classroom upon redeployment. I would highly recommend the School of Leadership to any aspiring military or civilian leader."
David MacMillan, Colonel
Operations Group Commander
Pennsylvania Air National Guard
Duquesne University is regionally accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104; 267-284-5000).