Austria, U of Salzburg with AIFS
University of Salzburg
Travel and study with students from U.S. institutions. Third-party provider, AIFS (American Institute for Foreign Study), facilitated by Duquesne University’s OIP.
- English: German language from beginning to advanced, international relations, political science, economics, art history, literature, history, sociology, philosophy. Taught by U. of Salzburg faculty.
- German: A very wide menu of classes through the University.
Language of Instruction
English or German
Fall Semester: late August – mid-December
Spring Semester: mid-January – early May
Housing and Meals
Two living options:
- Living in a dormitory with Austrian and international students
- Staying in an Austrian home (seldom in the center of town).
Students receive a daily cash allowance for breakfast and one other meal.
- Orientation (with a 3-day stopover in London before the program)
- On-site Resident Director
- Cultural excursions (Prague, Vienna, Munich)
- Academic support services.
|Tuition||Program tuition and fees, billed through Duquesne
|Study Abroad Fee||$250|
|Round-trip Airfare||Current costs as per your arrangement|
|Housing/Meals||$2,000 - $3,000|
|Personal Expenses||$3,000 - $4,000|
Scholarships available through AIFS.
For more info check out the AIFS Salzburg program.