Paris, France with AIFS
University of Paris, Sorbonne
Travel with students from U.S. institutions; study with both international students and students from U.S. institutions. Third-party provider, American Institute for Foreign Study (AIFS), facilitated by Duquesne University’s OIP.
French language and literature (placed according to proficiency), art history, philosophy, history, sociology, political science. Students are NOT in classes with French students but with other international, non-native French speaking students.
Language of Instruction
English and French
Fall Semester: mid-September – mid-December
Spring Semester: early January – mid-May
Housing and Meals
- AIFS arranges for students to rent a room in a Parisian home, typically owned by a single woman or a professional couple.
- Most AIFS students are housed as a pair in a shared room.
- Meals: AIFS offers students the option of purchasing restaurant vouchers good in many Parisian restaurants.
- Three-day stop-over orientation in London;
- Two-week orientation in Cannes where students get intensive French language (appropriate to your level) preparation;
- Day trips to Chartres, Giverny, Fontainebleau and many others;
- A full-time resident director; and academic support services.
Estimated Costs (Category I Program)
|Tuition||Program Tuition + Fees, billed through Duquesne
|Study Abroad Fee||$250|
|Round-trip airfare||Current costs as per your arrangement|
Scholarships available through AIFS.
For more info check out the AIFS Paris program.