Mexico, UNIVAC (University of the Valley of Cuernavaca)
Spanish Language Center - Cuernavaca, Mexico
Travel independently; study with international students. Direct enrollment agreement with the UNIVAC Spanish Language Center, facilitated by Duquesne University’s OIP.
Semester programs include:
- Spanish language classes
- Special classes on Mexican and Latin American literature
- History or civilization
- Special classes for different professions
- Internship opportunities in your area of concentration.
Students enrolled in this program will also be able to enroll in courses at UNIVAC (the university) as well as participate in their activities.
Summer program consists of a customized Spanish language program that will include:
- Normal and Advanced Intensive programs
- Special Topics courses on Latin-American Literature and Mexican History
- Guided Conversations
Language of Instruction
Flexible – Courses start every Monday throughout the year.
Housing and Meals
- It is recommended that students live with local families, arranged by center.
- Three meals a day are provided with home stays.
- Students are also able to secure their own housing arrangements.
- Excursions planned throughout the year expose students to Cuernevaca and various cities and archeological sites in the region.
- Optional afternoon activities include: volunteer opportunities at a government-run orphanage, cooking, craft, or salsa dancing classes, films, and many conversation opportunities with university students.
Estimated Costs (Category I Program)
|Tuition||Program Tuition + Fees, Billing through Duquesne|
|Study Abroad Fee||$250|
|Housing/Meals||$660 - $960/month|
For more info check out the UNIVAC Language Center.