Merida, Mexico with IFSA-Butler
Universidad Autonoma de Yucatán, Mérida
Travel with students from U.S. institutions; study with local students and students from US institutions.Third-party provider agreement with the Institute for Study Abroad – Butler University (IFSA-Butler), facilitated by Duquesne University’s OIP.
|nutrition (including public health)
Language of Instruction
Spanish; requires a minimum of four semesters of university-level Spanish or equivalent
Fall semester: late August – mid-December
Spring semester: January – May
Housing and Meals
- Each IFSA-Butler student studying at UADY lives in or near Mérida with a carefully selected host family.
- Board includes three meals per day.
- Housing with a Mexican family is guaranteed.
IFSA-Butler office in Mexico is staffed by an IFSA-Butler resident director. The resident director organizes:
- two-week orientation on-site
- three mandatory group trips organized to other areas of the Yucatán and Mexico throughout the semester
- other program-sponsored activities
- acts as your main emergency contact.
Estimated Costs (Category I Program)
|Tuition||Program Tuition + Fees, billed through Duquesne|
|Study Abroad Fee||$250|
|Airfare||Current costs as per your arrangement|
Scholarships available through IFSA.
For more info check out the IFSA Mérida program.