Elegant and sophisticated with a spectacular view of downtown, floor to ceiling windows and two outdoor terraces, the Charles J. Dougherty Ballroom in the Power Center is a beautiful location for your special day.
Allow our attentive event and catering staff assist in making your special day beautiful and stress free.
The wedding reception package is available to university alumni, current students or employees (and their children) and includes:
- A 5 hour reception beginning with a cocktail reception in the Fides Shepperson Suite
- An opulant display of stationary hors d'oeuvres for your cocktail reception
- Complimentary meal for the Bride & Groom
- Bartending services and full bar set up at a flat rate (everything but the alcohol)
- Linens at a discounted rate
- Modern furniture, dance floor and staging to accommodate a variety of head table configurations
- A professional catering staff to serve your buffet, plated or station dinner, tray and replenish your cookies and cut and serve your cake with no additional fees
- Tasting and personal consultations with Parkhurst Special Events Coordinator and Chef
- A variety of streamlined audio/visual options for slide shows and video presentations
- Basic room set up & clean up services
- Guest parking in the Forbes Garage (covered by the deposit)
- A dedicated Event Coordinator & Catering Specialist to assist with your reception planning and day-of event execution
Parkhurst Catering brings their signature focus on locally grown and produced, high quality foods and uncompromising service to all wedding receptions held at the University. The wedding reception package offers a great variety of foods and presentations with pre-set prices to make it easy for you to decide. Menus are easily flexible and customizable.
Parkhurst Catering Specialist
Several hotels are within walking distance of or a short drive from campus. When working with local hotels, mention your Duquesne University reception to receive the best price offer.
The Chapel of the Holy Spirit offer alumni a personal and special ceremony location. Please contact the Chapel of the Holy Spirit directly to make arrangements for your ceremony.
Chapel of the Holy Spirit