Strengthening the Community
Tap into our students' knowledge to tackle a tough project, or allow us to help fulfill your company's charitable mission. Uptown street cleanups to mission trips in the Dominican Republic, Duquesne is doing work with impact, and we want to help our corporate neighbors do the same.
What Sets Us Apart
- Approximately 8,000 Duquesne students, faculty and staff commit to more than 280,000 hours of community service and offer more than 5,000 hours of free consulting to local businesses.
- Duquesne has been consistently named to the President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in recognition of our commitment to volunteerism, service-learning and civic engagement.
A Sample of our Efforts
Service remains a hallmark of all that we do - whether we're working directly with companies or out in communities.
- As a participating member of the City of Pittsburgh's Uptown EcoInnovation District, Duquesne has helped to create an inclusive plan for equitable land use and infrastructure.
- The Tribone Center for Clinical Legal Education provides services to people who are unable to afford legal representation. The Center serves veterans, nonprofit organizations and income-qualified individuals and families in civil rights, appellate court and other legal capacities.
- Duquesne's Center for Pharmacy Care provides wellness, disease prevention and medication therapy management programs. The Spirit of Health Initiative, a mobile health unit, visits underserved neighborhoods of Pittsburgh to provide free screenings and vaccinations.
- Students pitch in to beautify Pittsburgh's South Side.