Student Life: For a Complete College Experience
Whether you are living on campus or commuting to Duquesne, you can expand your horizons and enhance your college experience through everything the Division of Student Life has to offer.
Explore Duquesne’s Student Life Departments
The Student Life staff is dedicated to helping students stay healthy, get along with others, find good living arrangements, enhance leadership skills and prepare for the future. The staff of these departments can always lend a hand.
- Career Services Center: Directs you toward a successful career path, from choosing the right major to assisting with resume writing to conducting mock interviews
- Center for Student Involvement: Oversees student activities, SPIRIT Leaders Program, Duquesne University Volunteers (DUV), Duquesne Union Operations and all student organizations, such as the Student Government Association, Duquesne Program Council, club sports and volunteer opportunities
- Commuter Affairs: Serves all commuters by offering activities, academic assistance, social connections and more
- Counseling Center: Free and confidential counseling services are available to help students with a particular problem or issue, unusual stress, unmanageable feelings or other needs
- DU CARES: Teaches students basic information about the dangers of alcohol and other drugs, and offers various services relating to these matters
- Freshman Development: Helps freshmen and their families transition to college life
- Greek Life: Oversees the 20 fraternities and sororities at Duquesne, where members embark on a life-time membership, which helps to breed academic excellence, leadership, community service and strong friendships
- Health Service: Is here to maintain the health and wellness of our students by providing physician and nursing care, routine physical exams, emergency care and more
- Multicultural Affairs: Offers our diverse population a network of support services and co-curricular learning opportunities
- Student Conduct: Enforces the Code of Student Conduct and helps maintain a safe campus community
- Recreation: From classes to intramurals to the Power Center, many options at Duquesne make working out challenging, fun and inspiring
- Residence Life: Features a highly trained staff of live-in resident directors, graduate assistants and resident assistants who are here to provide students living on campus with support 24 hours a day
- Special Services: Provides disability accommodations to our students with particular needs
- Tamburitzans: America’s longest-running multicultural song and dance company is Duquesne’s very own Tamburitzans!