Enhancing Every Aspect of the Duquesne Experience
Gifts to The Duquesne Fund touch every school and every student.
Consider these examples of how your contributions were used during academic year 2015-2016:
• Supported the College's annual English Festival
• Facilitated a guest lecture by distinguished Duquesne alumnus and former CIA Director Michael Hayden
• Assisted in the recruiting of a named professor, three tenure-track faculty and two visiting professors in the Palumbo-Donahue School of Business
• Supported the operation of Business advisory councils that shape the school's strategic initiatives
• Financed the presentation of School of Education faculty and student research at prestigious national conferences
• Funded instruments, cases, equipment and technology for the Music School's Education, Therapy, Contemporary Media and Jazz Departments
• Provided master classes and seminars by renowned guests artists for Music students
• Supported graduate student initiatives in the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences and a week-long science camp where graduate students worked with Pittsburgh high school students
• More than $81,000 in Duquesne Fund scholarship support was distributed University-wide.
• Allowed Nursing School students to receive emergency tuition assistance
• Funded graduate student dissertation stipends for students in the McAnulty College
• Supported students in the Pharmacy School's experiential education with housing assistance while on rotations in remote locations
• Enabled Music students and faculty to travel and perform at national and international conferences and festivals
• Supported Pharmacy students presenting research and participating in national conferences
• Funded a Spiritan Campus Ministry pilgrimage to Philadelphia during Pope Francis' visit and on-campus viewing and reflection activities for those unable to make the trip
• Underwrote the costs of spiritual retreats for freshmen and choir members
• Allowed Duquesne's Consistent Ethic of Life group to travel to Washington, D.C.
• Allowed the Law School to reupholster 86 chairs in one of its oldest classrooms and refurnish its student lounge
• Funded the renovation of Gumberg Library's water-damaged Rare Books Room
The Duquesne Fund will further transform Duquesne's people, places and programs in academic year 2016-2017, with your help. Please make your gift today!