Duquesne's employees are the catalyst behind the University's growth and prosperity. The University's remarkable advances in higher education, technology and research are a testament to their hard work and drive.
Working at Duquesne, you'll use your unique skills and experience to support and enrich the University and the community. You'll join a workforce that includes full-time and part-time faculty, administrators, managers and business professionals, as well as coaches, public safety officials, and facilities management, technical and clerical support staff. Employees contribute daily to our unique culture within higher education--one that strives towards the pursuit of excellence and a dedication to our Mission--to "serve God by serving students."
Learn more about our career opportunities .
Duquesne University is committed to offering a competitive compensation package. As a full-time employee, you are also eligible for the following benefits:
- Flexible single and family healthcare coverage, including vision and dental insurance
- Disability benefits and life insurance
- Tuition remission for eligible employees and family members
- Retirement savings plan with a generous 8% University contribution for eligible employees with immediate vesting schedule
- Family leave, paid time off for vacation and holidays and unpaid time for personal leaves of absence.
- Comprehensive employee training programs which promote professional development
- Access to a recreation center and wellness programs.
Learn more about our employee benefits program .
Our Location in Pittsburgh
Situated on a beautiful 50-acre campus within the city, Duquesne provides a small-town feel in an urban setting. The Pittsburgh region offers you variety of cultural, education and professional opportunities, as well as a safe and affordable lifestyle.
Involved in the Community
Our academic programs often partner with local businesses, community groups and nonprofit organizations to enrich the students' experience.
Serving others is a priority for Duquesne. Students, faculty and staff alike are actively engaged in volunteering and fundraising efforts to make a positive difference in the lives of others.
- Duquesne is changing educational models to meet the needs of today's students in new ways in both online courses and adult education.
- Our faculty researchers explore new horizons in science and the humanities, involving undergraduate and graduate students in their research projects.
- Duquesne is committed to ongoing upgrades to laboratories, living and learning environments.