TAP No. 38: Employee and Student Use of University Motor Vehicles

Under certain circumstances, University employees and students are permitted to use a University motor vehicle for University related purposes. In order to comply with insurance company requirements, anyone who is permitted to use a University vehicle must provide the Risk Management Office with their driver’s license, operator’s number, and the state in which the license was issued. The University Risk Management Office will conduct a motor vehicle records check with the appropriate state agency, and supply this information to the University’s insurance carrier. If the employee’s or student’s driving record shows a pattern or history of Motor Vehicle Code violations, the employee/ student may be denied the right to operate a University vehicle.

Related Information 

TAP 38 with addendum