Professors Who Will Inspire
Duquesne University professors are more than teachers, they also value and participate in scholarship and research, making important contributions to their fields. Our professors are committed to involving students in hands-on work and guiding them to excellence in the classroom-and beyond.
Scholars and Researchers
Learn more about all of our faculty by subject area
Meet some of Duquesne's accomplished faculty...
- Dr. Jennifer Aitken, whose research focuses on the discovery and characterization of new crystalline semiconductor compounds that have applications in optical technologies
- Dr. Regina Harbourne, who was awarded a multi-center grant to study the effectiveness of early physical therapy intervention on babies with developmental delays
- Dr. Patrick Juola, who gained international recognition after the authorial identification technology that he developed identified J.K. Rowling as author of a book she had written under a pseudonym
- Dr. David Lampe, who is working with his students on ways to manipulate the microorganisms that colonize mosquitoes
- Dr. Michael Jensen-Seaman, received an NIH grant to study the potential influence of sexually transmitted diseases, such as HIV, on the evolution of various proteins in humans and great apes
With an average class size of 28 students and a 14:1 student-faculty ratio, professors know their students by name, invite them to participate in research projects and assist them in securing internships.