Articles in Journals
- Rau, S., Nagle, B., & Menk, K. B. (2019). CPA Exam Performance: The Effect of Graduate Education and Accounting Faculty Credentials. CPA Journal
- Nagle, B., Menk, K. B., & Rau, S. (2018). Which Accounting Program Characteristics Contribute to CPA Exam Success? A Study of Institutional Factors and Graduate Education. Journal of Accounting Education, 45 , 20-31. doi: 10.1016/j.jaccedu.2018.09.003.
- Menk, K. B. (in press, 2017). The Disconnect between Tax Laws, Public Opinion, and Taxpayer Compliance: A Study of the Taxation of Gambling Winnings. International Journal of Critical Accounting.
- Menk, K. B. (2015). Tax Careers as a Goal, NOT as a Last Resort. New Accountant, 764.
- Menk, B., Morris, B., Williams, V., Nagle, B., Rau, S., Kollar, R., Yurko, A., Kannan, Y.H. (2015). How one accounting department is preparing students for the updated CPA exam. Extra Credit, The Newsletter for Accounting Educators.
- Menk, K. B. & Malone, S. (2015). Creating a Cheat-Proof Testing and Learning Environment: A Unique Testing Opportunity for Each Student. Advances in Accounting Education.
- Menk, K.B., Brink, A. G., & Cereola, S. J. (2015). The Effects of Fraudulent Reporting Materiality Level, Personality Traits, and Ethical Position on Entry-level Employee Whistleblowing Decisions. Journal of Forensic and Investigative Accounting.
- Menk, K. B., Nagle, B. M., & Rau, S. E. (2017). Does Earning a Graduate Degree Impact CPA Exam Performance?. Academy of Business Research Journal, 1, 27.
- Smith, D. D., Glambosky, M., Gleason, K. C., & Menk, K. B. (2016). Acquisitions and Regulatory Arbitrage by Captive Finance Companies. Journal of Accounting and Finance, 16(6).
- Menk, K. B., & Huber, M. (2016). The Role of Ethical Beliefs, Perceptions of Taxation, and Knowledge of Tax Laws on Restaurant Servers' Tip Reporting Intentions. Journal of Accounting, Ethics and Public Policy, 17(4).
- Nagle, B. & Menk, K. B. (2018). Learning by Failing: An Investigation of CPA Exam Performance for Candidates
- Menk, K. B., Nagle, B. M., & Coss, D. L. (2017). The Disconnect between Tax Laws, Public Opinion, and Taxpayer Compliance: A Study of the Taxation of Gambling Winnings. International Conference for Critical Accounting, New York, New York.
- Menk, K. B., Nagle, B. M., & Rau, S. (2017). Does the Graduate Path to 150 credit hours Affect CPA Exam Performance? Academy of Business Research, New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Menk, K. B. (2016). Teaching Taxation through Age-Based Scenarios. AAA - American Taxation Association Midyear Meeting, Orlando, Florida.
- Menk, K. B. (2015, August). Teaching Taxation as a Personal Experience in the Classroom. American Accounting Association, Chicago, Illinois.
- Menk, K.B., Coss, D. L., & Coombes, S. M.T.(2014, September). The Entrepreneur's Perception of Competitive Advantage: Does It Lead to Long-Term Profits? 2014 Annual Meeting of the Academy of Entrepreneurial Finance, Los Angeles, California.
- Research: 2017: Craciun, G. & Menk, K. B., SOBA Research Fund, Co-Principal Investigator. Research focuses on understanding factors that influence consumers' decision to use a paid tax preparer.