Professional and Community Activities
- Graduate-Leadership Pittsburgh, Class XIV (1997-1998)
- 1997 Southwestern Pennsylvania Accountant Advocate of the Year-U.S. Small Business Administration
- President and Director, Duquesne University School of Business Administration Alumni Association, 1990 to present. Member of Board of Directors, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh, 2009 to present.
- Treasurer and Director, Pittsburgh Mediation Center, 2002 to 2006. Treasurer, Center for Victims of Violence and Crime (CVVC), 2006 to present.
- Member, Accounting Advisory Council to the Duquesne University School of Business Administration; 1995 to present; Chairperson 2000 - 2002.
- Past President and Director, volunteer business advisor, PowerLink.
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants; Associate Member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.
- Member, Corporate Advisory Boards: Anderson Transfer Co., 1996 - 1999; Paragon Solutions, Inc., 1997 - 1998; Corporate Solutions LLC, 2001 to 2003.
- Teacher of the Year Award-2004-Duquesne University and The A.J. Palumbo School of Business Administration
EducationB.S.B.A, M.B.A., Duquesne University
Articles in Journals
Kollar, R. (in press, 2015). American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. Encyclopedia of Business Ethics/Society.
Kollar, R., Williams, V., Nagle, B., Rau, S., Yurko, A., Kannan, Y.H., Menk, B., & Morris, B. (2015). How one accounting department is preparing students for the updated CPA exam. Extra Credit, The Newsletter for Accounting Educators.
Kollar, R., Pike, J., & Spangler, W. (2015). PICPA's Challenge Bolsters Classroom Learning. Pennsylvania CPA Journal.
Kollar, R. (in press, 2015). Certified Public Accountant. Encyclopedia of Business Ethics/Society.
Kollar, R. J. & Williams, V. T. (2013). What are the Risks? Self-Assessment Tool Can Help Small Businesses Evaluate Fraud Controls. Journal of Accountancy, 40 - 43.
Kollar, R. & Williams, V. (2013). Red, Blue and Ripped Off. Internal Auditor.
Kollar, R. J. & Williams, V. (2009). Incorporating a Simulated 404 Learning Experience into the Auditing Class. Journal of Forensic Studies in Accounting and Business.
Kollar, R. & Williams, V. (2019). Data Analytics - Tools & Techniques Integrated into the Accounting Curriculum. Invited presentation at PICPA, hershey, Pennsylvania.
Kollar, R. J. & Williams, V. (2013, May). Mandatory Auditor Rotation. Annual Fraud and Forensic Accounting Education Conference, Savannah, Georgia.
Kollar, R. (2012, October). CFO Panel: Challenges Facing the Accounting Profession. Duquesne University 1st Annual Accounting CPE Conference, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Kollar, R. & Williams, V. (2012, August). Improving Fraud Awareness in the Classroom. American Accounting Association, Washington, D.C., District of Columbia.
Kollar, R. & Williams, V. (2012, May). Small Business Fraud Awareness. Annual Fraud and Forensic Accounting Education Conference, Savannah, Georgia.
Kollar, R.J. & Williams, V. (2010). Factors That Could Impact Fraudulent Financial Statement Preparation. Georgia Southern University Fraud Conference, Atlanta, Georgia.