Health Informatics and Data Analytics
Why earn a Health Informatics and Data Analytics Micro-Credential?
This 12-credit program is designed for aspiring leaders or those already in management positions who want to enhance their ability to understand, leverage and share data in a healthcare setting. The courses you will be taking are also included as part of our Master of Health Administration program, and credits earned from this micro-credential can later be applied toward the full degree.
Coursework can help you:
- Design, develop and apply IT-based innovations in healthcare delivery
- Convert data to actionable information for decision-makers
- Leverage data mining and predictive modeling to discover new information
- Gain a greater understanding of the theory, technical requirements and applications of information systems in healthcare
- Utilize data visualization to more easily communicate information
Health Informatics and Data Analytics Micro Credential Curriculum
12 Credit Hours | 4 Courses
- HADM 523 - Healthcare Information Systems - 3 Credits
- HADM 535 - Health Informatics and Data Analytics - 3 Credits
- HADM 538 - Data Mining and Predictive Modeling - 3 Credits
- HADM 551 - Data Visualization with Tableau - 3 Credits
Where can you apply the skills you learn in this program?
Healthcare organizations are increasingly relying on data to make better-informed decisions. This program can help you develop skills that are relevant across a wide range of biomedical settings, including:
- Healthcare systems
- The insurance industry
- Medical group practices
- Skilled nursing and long-term care facilities
- Consulting firms