Applying as a transfer student requires two steps:
Please complete and submit the correct application:
Internal Transfer Application - students currently attending Duquesne University who want to change majors
External Transfer Application - students at another college or university who want to transfer to Duquesne University
Internal Transfer Applicant: submit your essay at the time of applying. You may also email your personal essay to ptakjFREEDUQUESNE. Questions, call (412) 396-5653.
External Transfer Appliant: review the checklist in your applicant portal and submit all of the required documents. For questions, contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at (412) 396-6222 or admissionsFREEDUQUESNE.
Recommended Grade Point Averages
- Athletic Training - 2.75 GPA
- Biomedical Engineering - 3.0 GPA
- Health Administration - 2.75 GPA
- Health Sciences - 2.75 GPA
- Occupational Therapy - 3.0 GPA overall, 3.0 GPA in science/math courses
- Physical Therapy - 3.0 GPA overall, 3.0 GPA in science/math courses
- Public Health - 2.75 GPA
- Speech-Language Pathology - 3.0 GPA
- Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy applicants should provide a complete summary of all health care experiences, which must indicate the facility name, supervisor's name (including signature and licensure number where applicable), dates of experience(s), and types of responsibilities and/or observations. Occupational therapy applicants will be required to provide documentation of a minimum of 40 shadowing hours directly with a registered and licensed occupational therapist prior to entrance to the professional phase (December of the third year). Physical therapy applicants must include documentation of 100 volunteer hours in a minimum of two different clinical sites prior to admittance into the professional phase of the program fall of the fourth year.)
- Only courses with a grade of "C" or better are eligible to transfer. The University honors +/- grades, with the exception of C-,' which is unacceptable.
** Due to capacity constraints we only consider first-time freshman to the Physician Assistant Studies program. We are not accepting transfer or second-degree applications at this time.