Master of Music Therapy Equivalency
If you have a foundation in music (preferably a bachelor’s degree in music) and wish to become a music therapist, the equivalency program will provide you with the foundational coursework, internship, and graduate studies necessary to earn a Master of Music Therapy degree. Scholarships are available.
- Our MMT Equivalency is designed to supplement your foundation in music with the undergraduate and graduate coursework necessary for you to become a board-certified music therapist in just three years.
- On-campus undergraduate coursework and online graduate coursework allow you to continue your established professional career while you work toward the MMT and board certification.
- With a focus on community-engaged practice and medical music psychotherapy, you will learn how to provide specialized intensive psychological, emotional, and psychospiritual support to patients in various medical settings such as cancer centers, neonatal intensive care units, and hospices.
- Explore how to provide ethical, culturally responsive healthcare services that engage patients as active collaborators and stakeholders in their health journeys.
- Learn to become an adaptive and resilient healthcare professional in a rapidly evolving healthcare ecosystem.
View 2022–2023 Master of Music Therapy Equivalency Curriculum
Admission to the Mary Pappert School of Music also includes a formal audition. Learn more about the audition process & guidelines.
Optional Licensed Professional Counselor Track
Required Credit Hours
35 Equivalency credits; 32 Masters credits - total of 67 credit hours