Dr. Scheid's research interests are in the area of Christian social ethics. In particular she is concerned with ethical issues surrounding human rights, conflict, and post-conflict reconciliation. She explores Christian perspectives on war and peace-especially just war theory and just peacemaking theory-and studies how restorative justice has been enacted in truth and reconciliation commissions around the world
- Ph.D., Theology, Boston College, 2009
- M.A., Theology, Catholic Theological Union, 2004
- B.S.S.P., Theatre, Northwestern University, 1999
- UCOR 142 Theological Views of the Human Person
- UCOR 182 Theological Ethics
- THEO 261 Christian Social Ethics: Poverty, Race, Gender, Ecology, and Conflict
- THEO 543 Catholic Social
- THEO 694 Doctoral Seminar in Moral Theology (Resolving Conflict, Restoring Justice: Christian Perspectives on War, Peace, and Reconciliation
- "Waging a Just Revolution: Just War Criteria in the Context of Oppression," Journal for the Society of Christian Ethics 32 (2012), forthcoming.
- "An Authority over Globalization? Critical Considerations," Bulletin of Ecumenical Theology 24 (2012): 61-73;
- "Interpersonal and Social Reconciliation: Finding Congruence in African Theological Anthropology," Horizons 39 (2012).
- "Under the Palaver Tree: Community Ethics for Truth-Telling and Reconciliation," Journal for the Society of Christian Ethics 31 (2011): 17-36.
- Just Revolution and the Salience of Nonviolence amidst Armed Resistance, Catholic Theological Society of America, June 2012
- Critical Reflection: Lessons Learned from Teaching Racism and White Privilege in the Theology Classroom. Co-authored with Dr. Elisabeth T. Vasko, College Theology Society, June 2012
- Waging a Just Revolution: Just War Criteria in the Context of Oppression, Society of Christian Ethics, January, 2012
- Transforming Racial Conflict: Addressing White Denial through Restorative Justice, College Theology Society, June 2011
- Interpersonal and Social Reconciliation in African Theological Anthropology, Catholic Theological Ethics in the World Church, research presentation, Trent, Italy, July 2010
- Interpersonal and Social Reconciliation in Conflict and Conversation: Finding Congruence in African Models, College Theology Society, June, 2010
- Under the Palaver Tree: Community Ethics for Truth-Telling and Reconciliation, Society of Christian Ethics, January, 2010
- Reconciliation in Readiness of Mind: Including Reconciliation in Jus ad Bellum and Jus in Bello Just War Considerations, Catholic Theological Society of America, June, 2009
- Together in the Landscape of Oppression: Friendship, Conscience, and Conversion in the Novels of Andr- Brink,' Friendship: Quests for Community, Character and Truth, Baylor University, Institute for Faith and Culture, October, 2007.
- Our Tormented Souls: The Association of Affection, Habit and Hatred in Augustine, Justice and Mercy Will Kiss: The Vocation of Peacemaking in a World of Many Faiths, Marquette University, September, 2005.