Donna White is the Director of Graduate Clinical Faculty & Clinical Affairs, as well as a Clinical Assistant Faculty member. She completed her Doctor of Nursing Practice at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa, AL, with a focus on leadership resilience, team engagement and patient satisfaction. Dr. White has both a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree (magna cum laude) and a Master of Science in Nursing degree (summa cum laude) from the University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA.
Dr. White has national board certification with the American Nurses Credentialing Center as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), providing primary care to patients for over 25 years. She has clinical experience in cardiovascular surgical nursing and practiced as an FNP at a busy internal medicine group where she was nominated for the Cameos of Caring award. Dr. White recently has worked in the retail clinic setting, directing clinic operations across multiple states, managing national cross-functional teams, participating in corporate policy development, and leading regulatory and administrative corporate initiatives.
Dr. White has recently been elected to the National Organization for Nurse Practitioner Faculty (NONPF) Mentor Leadership program, and is a member of NONPF, American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP), the American Nurses Association (ANA), the Pennsylvania Coalition of Nurse Practitioners (PCNP), the Nurse Practitioner Association of Southwestern Pennsylvania (NPASP), and Sigma Theta Tau. She strongly supports the NP profession and Full Practice Authority in Pennsylvania and has represented Allegheny County as the Coordinator of the "Putting Patients First" campaign. Dr. White is also a CPR instructor with the American Heart Association, teaching professionally and in the community for over 20 years. Her interests also include leadership and health care management, team building, diversity and inclusion, homeless ministries, and missions work in the Dominican Republic.
- DNP, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
- MSN, Family Nurse Practitioner, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
- BSN, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
Research Interests or Expertise
- Family Practice / Internal Medicine
- Online learning
- Transition of learned skills into clinical practice
- Global health care of underserved populations
- Team development and mentoring
- Resilience and retention
- 4/2020 - "Clinical Core: Connecting the "P's" Using Threaded Case Studies and Problem Maps", Accepted Peer-reviewed Poster Presentation, National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculty, Chicago, IL.
- 3/2019 - "The Effects of Pictorial Hygiene Education Among Adult Education in El Tamarindo, Dominican Republic", Presentation, Undergraduate Research Symposium, Pittsburgh, PA, March 2019. Received First Place Award for Undergraduate Research in Global Health.
- 2/2019 - "The Effects of Pictorial Hygiene Education Among Adult Education in El Tamarindo,
Dominican Republic", Presentation, Understanding Global Health-Global Health Showcase,
3/2018 - "Promoting BRCA Awareness", Publication, Oncology Nursing News, March 2018.
- 11/2015 - "Evaluation of leadership resilience with provider team engagement and patient satisfaction in a retail health setting." Poster Presentation, Pennsylvania Coalition of Nurse Practitioners Annual Conference, Pittsburgh, PA.
- 9/2012 - "Vaccine updates for the elderly." Oral Presentation, Western Pennsylvania Teacher's Conference, Canonsburg, PA.
- 2020 - National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculty Leadership Mentoring Program
- 2014 - Golden Key International Honour Society
- 2009 - Cameos of Caring nominee
- 1994 - Sigma Theta Tau, Eta Chapter