Dr. Jeff Miller is Duquesne University's Senior Vice Provost. He is responsible for academic support units with a focus on program development, planning and budget, international programs, learning skills services, academic and enterprise computing, classroom technology, and facilities management.
Dr. Miller continues to serve as Professor of School Psychology in the School of Education. He is a board-certified school psychologist by the American Board of Professional Psychology, a licensed psychologist and a certified school psychologist. He is a Fellow of the American Psychological Association and a past president of the American Academy of School Psychology. He has published more than 30 books, book chapters and refereed journal articles. His most recent book is entitled Specialty Competencies in School Psychology published by Oxford University Press.
- Ph.D., School Psychology, Arizona State University, 1995
Honors and Awards
- Eugene P. Beard Award for Leadership in Ethics
- Duquesne University Academic Leadership Program Fellow
- American Board of Professional Psychology Distinguished Service Award
- Duquesne University Presidential Scholarship Award
- American Academy of School Psychology Distinguished Service Award
- Duquesne University Creative Teaching Award
- American Academy of School Psychology (AASP, Fellow)
- American Psychological Association (APA, Fellow)
- National Association of School Psychologists (NASP, Member)
- Pennsylvania Psychological Association (PPA, Fellow)
Hughes, T. L., Comis, M. & Miller, J. A. (2022). Functional Behavioral Assessment and Behavior Intervention Plans. In L. Theodore, M. Bray & B. Bracken (Eds). Desk Reference in School Psychology. Oxford University Press: United Kingdom.
Miller, J. A., Worrell, F. C., Arora, P., & Powell, S. (2021). Succeeding as a Man in Higher Education as an Advocate of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in School Psychology. In Randy G. Floyd and Tanya L. Eckert (Eds.). Handbook of University and Professional Careers in School Psychology. New York: Routledge.