Robert Muth is an Assistant Professor of Mathematics at Duquesne University, since Fall 2022. His research interests include algebraic combinatorics and the representation theory of symmetric groups and Lie algebras, with an emphasis on diagrammatic and categorical methods. His research with undergraduate students has covered a variety of geometric and combinatorial topics, from optimally placing video cameras around art galleries, to efficiently moving robotic arms within cylinders. Student researchers collaborating with Dr. Muth have published peer-reviewed papers and presented their work at a number of regional and national mathematics conferences.
- Ph.D., Mathematics, University of Oregon, 2016
- B.S., Mathematics, University of Arizona, 2011
- B.F.A., Visual Arts, University of Arizona, 2004
- MATH 116 Calculus II
- MATh 411W Abstract Algebra I
1. A. Kleshchev and R. Muth, Schurifying quasi-hereditary algebras, Proceedings of the London Mathematical Society 125 (2022), 54pp.
2. R. Muth, L. Speyer and L. Sutton, Decomposable Specht modules indexed by bihooks II, Algebras and Representation Theory (2021), 40pp.
3. A. Kleshchev and R. Muth, Generalized Schur algebras, Algebra & Number Theory 14 (2020), 44 pp.
4. A. Kleshchev and R. Muth, Based quasi-hereditary algebras, Journal of Algebra 558 (2020), 18 pp.
5. R. Muth, Super RSK correspondence with symmetry, Electronic Journal of Combinatorics 26(2) (2019), #P2.27, 26 pp.
6. R. Muth, Graded skew Specht modules and cuspidal modules for Khovanov-LaudaRouquier algebras of affine type A, Algebras and Representation Theory (2019), 32 pp.
7. A. Kleshchev and R. Muth, Affine zigzag algebras and imaginary strata for KLR algebras, Transactions of the American Mathematical Society 371 (2019), 48 pp.
8. A. Kleshchev and R. Muth, Imaginary Schur-Weyl duality, Memoirs of the American Mathematical Society 245 (2017), no. 1157, xvii, 83 pp.
9. A. Kleshchev and R. Muth, Stratifying KLR algebras of affine ADE types, Journal of Algebra 475 (2017), 37 pp.
10. N. Davidson, J. R. Kujawa and R. Muth, Webs of Type P, 41 pp., (submitted)
11. N. Davidson, J. R. Kujawa, R. Muth, Howe Duality of Type P, 46 pp., (submitted)
1. A. Iams, H. Johnston and R. Muth, Searching for quicksand ideals in partially ordered sets, Australasian Journal of Combinatorics 79(2) (2021), 27 pp.
2. D. Abbasian, L. Difulvio, R. Muth, G. Pasternak, I. Sholtes and F. Sinclair, Cuspidal ribbon tableaux in affine type A, Algebraic Combinatorics, 37 pp., (to appear)
3. D. Denniston, R. Muth and V. Singh, The configuration space of a robotic arm over a graph, Discrete Mathematics, Algorithms and Applications, 20pp., (to appear)
4. T. Einolf, R. Muth and J. Wilkinson, Injectively k-colored rooted forests, 22pp. (submitted)
5. D. Florentino, E. Moy and R. Muth, Cooperative half-guards in art galleries, 16 pp. (submitted)