We are committed to
- Providing comprehensive, competent, and confidential health care to all undergraduate and graduate students for the education of the mind, heart, and spirit
- Creating a compassionate environment that encourages students to take responsibility for their personal health, fitness, and education by promoting and guiding healthy lifestyles and disease prevention.
We provide our students with
- Acute and chronic disease and illness state management; injury care
- Preventative medical care and annual wellness exams (for selective insurances)
- Sexual health related screening, treatment and counseling
- Minor procedures
- Elevated level of care including EKG's, IV hydration, prolonged monitoring of health status
- Complete physicals for administrative, sports, school-required, work, and drivers(DOT) **Fee applies to physicals**
- Tuberculosis (TB) screening by PPD skin test or IGRA blood test **fee applies to testing**
- Allergy injections and specialized injections
- ADHD continuation services (prescription monitoring)
- Laboratory/phlebotomy services
- Nutritional consultations by appointment
Health Services has Moved!
We have relocated to the 3rd floor of the Gumberg Library. Please use the side entrance.
Using Health Services
Duquesne University Health Services is an in-network participating provider with a vast variety of Medical Insurance suppliers. We ask that you call your insurance company to verify what coverage is available for the student while staying in the Pittsburgh area.
All eligible students are required to complete the following in the Health Services Portal:
- Electronic submission of the Student Health History electronic form ( form is to be completed on the DORI site)
- Electronic submission/upload of the Duquesne University Immunization Verification Form through the Health Service Portal. Instructions for using the Health Service Portal
- Upload copy of insurance card
What you should know
- We offer same-day appointments prioritized depending upon severity of issue
- RN staff triage all phone calls and appointment requests to assure optimal care
- All visits to Health Services are confidential unless consent is obtained from students to release Protected Health Information. Health Services is in compliance with HIPAA.
- You may email health services at duhealthFREEDUQUESNE for non-confidential communication. The content of emails sent to DUHS is confidential and is limited to general information for Duquesne University Health Service, but is NOT to be used for personal information, advice, or appointment scheduling.
Duquesne University Health Services promotes a holistic understanding of health that considers the mind, body, and spirit. In addition to the university-wide mission of the development of total well-being, we encourage healthy lifestyles and personal responsibility to enhance students’ capacity for reaching academic and personal goals, thereby enhancing their overall learning experiences.
The mission of the Duquesne University College of Osteopathic Medicine is to provide excellence in medical education. The College will train physicians who will serve God, in the Spiritan tradition, by caring for all people in all communities, including underserved urban and rural communities of Western Pennsylvania, the nation, and the world, addressing healthcare disparities among these communities. The College will graduate physician leaders in all medical specialties with a focus on primary care.More about our College of Osteopathic Medicine