Our fully online format allows us to be accessible to students all over the country and world. Courses are taught both synchronously and asynchronously by faculty with extensive professional backgrounds and real-life experiences working in the legal field.
If you are ready to be a paralegal this certificate program is for you. It's offered full time over the summer or part time in the evenings during fall, winter and spring terms. Classes are delivered in a fully online format using both synchronous and asynchronous learning.
Employment of paralegals and legal assistants is projected to continue to grow by 12 percent through 2030, faster than the average for all occupations, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Statistics Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Paralegals may not provide legal services directly to the public except as permitted by law.
1.5 years (part-time) or 11 weeks (full-time)
Required Credit Hours
More in this Program
Preparing for Your Future
Upon graduation, you'll have acquired the ability to:
- Understand the fundamentals of the legal system, its processes and alternatives
- Be capable of considering complex and varying legal issues
- Understand the rules of professional conduct governing lawyers and their application to paralegals in all employment settings
- Demonstrate analytical and judgment abilities
- Be familiar with legal and factual research using both traditional and emerging technology tools
- Apply knowledge and understanding of substantive law and legal principles in one or more areas of practice
- Demonstrate sound legal writing skills
- Apply knowledge management and organizational skills
Letter of Interest
Complete and Submit Application
Request your official* college or university transcript be mailed to:
Thomas R. Kline School of Law of Duquesne University
600 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15282
*Note: transcripts marked 'Issued to Student' are not official.
Schedule an Interview
Schedule an admissions interview with the program director. Call (412) 396-6313 or email%20paralegalFREEDUQUESNE.
Core Course Descriptions
Students must successfully complete ten (10) courses to earn their Paralegal Certificate. Seven (7) of those courses are required, core courses.
Elective Course Descriptions
Students may choose to take any three (3) electives.