Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences
As a Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences student, you have access to four distinct concentrations that cater to your specific interests and career goals. If you're on the pre-med path and meet the necessary requirements in psychology and biochemistry, these concentrations can be particularly valuable for you.
General Biology Concentration
- Customize your advanced coursework to align with your individual interests and goals.
- Ideal for students like you who value flexibility in exploring a wide spectrum of biological science topics.
Molecular Biology Concentration
- Benefit from the ASBMB accreditation, which enhances your credentials.
- Dive into advanced coursework covering biochemistry, bioinformatics, and cell & molecular biology, which is perfect if you're passionate about medicine, public health, epidemiology, or genetic counseling.
- Delve into advanced coursework focused on human physiology, including immunology, neurobiology, and endocrinology.
- Designed for students like you who are captivated by the intricacies of human and animal physiology and the study of health and disease.
Evolution & Organismal Biology Concentration
- Explore advanced coursework that emphasizes evolution, ecology, and biodiversity.
- A great fit if you, as a student, are driven by the desire to contribute to conservation, sustainability, and environmental studies.
Dual Degree Programs
B.S. in Biological Sciences / M.S. in Education
As a student interested in the B.S. in Biological Sciences / M.S. in Education program, you start by pursuing a major in Biology and meeting all the essential Biology requirements. In your third year, you take the initiative to apply for admission into the M.S. program offered by the School of Education. Subsequently, during your fourth year, you engage in educational coursework, and in your fifth year, your educational focus intensifies, with a primary emphasis on education-related classes.
B.S. in Biological Sciences / M.S. in Environmental Science and Management
Right from the start, you have the opportunity to apply directly to the Environmental Science and Management program. Once accepted, you are given the flexibility to choose whether you want to pursue a B.S. in Biological Sciences, Chemistry, or Environmental Science. While the core requirements for the Biology degree align with those of a traditional Biology major, the fourth year introduces specialized environmental science courses, serving a dual purpose by fulfilling both biology electives and Environmental Science and Management requirements.
B.S. in Biological Sciences / M.S. in Forensic Science and Law
This program provides you with a strong foundation in biology, chemistry, and law.
It prepares you for seamless entry into the M.S. in Forensic Science and Law program.
Moreover, you'll complete all the prerequisite courses essential for your potential
pursuit of advanced studies in medical, dental, graduate, or law school, depending
on your chosen career path.