Ms. Morgan attended Duquesne University's Physician Assistant Program and graduated cum laude in August 2000 with her Master of Physician Assistant degree. After graduation, Ms. Morgan worked at a primary care and urgent care clinic in West Virginia.
In January 2002, Ms. Morgan joined the staff of the Department of Physician Assistant Studies as a full-time faculty member. She teaches History and Physical Exam I, II, and III, and Introduction to Patient Education. She was a co-recipient of the Duquesne University Creative Teaching Award in 2006 and again in 2014. Allison is the recipient of the 2016 Deans Award for Excellence in Teaching.
Ms. Morgan has served within the Association of Family Practice Physician Assistants as both a past Director at Large and frequent speaker at sponsored CME conferences.
- MPA, Master of Physician Assistant, Duquesne University
- BS, Health Sciences, Duquesne University
Research Interests or Expertise
- PA Education
- Physical Diagnosis
- Women's Health
- Substance Use Disorders
- History and Physical Exam I
- History and Physical Exam II
- History and Physical Exam III
- Introduction to Patient Education and Counseling
- Bridget Calhoun, Joan Kiel, Allison Morgan; HIPAA Violations by PA Students: Applying Laws to Clinical Vignettes. J Physician Assist Educ; 2018;29(3): 1-4.
- Wallace, S.E., Turocy, P., DiBartola, L., DeIuliis, L., Weideman, Y.,Morgan, A., Astle,
J., Cousino, S., O'Neil, C., & Simko, L. (in press).
Interprofessional education outcome Study: Learning and understanding professional roles in stroke care. Journal of Physical Therapy Education
2016; Vol 30 - Issue 3, August 2016
- Physician Assistant Education Association Fall Conference Morgan A, Wallace, S.E.,
Turocy, P., DiBartola, L., DeIuliis, L, Cousino, S.
Educational Outcomes in an Interprofessional Education Seminar in Stroke Care. Poster Presentation, November 2015
- Pennsylvania Speech-Language-Hearing Association Annual Conference Wallace, S.E.,
Turocy, P., DiBartola, L., DeIuliis, L., Astle, J., Cousino, S.,
Morgan, A., O'Neil, Simko, L., & Weideman, Y. Interprofessional education workshop in stroke rehabilitation. Paper presentation, April 2014
- American Speech-Language Hearing Association Annual Conference Wallace S E, Turocy
P, DiBartola L, DeIuliis E, Astle J, Cousino S,
Morgan A, O'Neil C, Simko L, Weiderman Y. Interprofessional Workshop in Stroke Rehabilitation, Poster Presentation, November 2013
- Association of Schools of Allied Health Professionals Annual Conference Wallace S,
Turocy P, DiBartola L, DeIuliis E, Astle J, Cousino S, Morgan A,
O'Neil C, Simko L, Weiderman Y. Learning Outcomes from an 8-discipline Interprofessional Educational Program, Poster Presentation, October, 2013
- Association of Schools of Allied Health Professionals Annual Conference DiBartola
L, Morgan A, Wallace S. An Interprofessional Grand
Rounds Seminar: A Pilot Educational Initiative. Poster Presentation, October 2012
- Association of Family Practice Physician Assistants August Summer 2010 CME Conference: The Management of Common Thyroid Disorders. Presentation, August 2010
- Association of Family Practice Physician AssistantsSpring 2010 CME Conference: Diagnosis & Management of STIs. Presentation, March 2010
- Association of Family Practice Physician Assistants Spring 2010 CME Conference: Pediatric ABCs & 123s. Presentation, March 2010
- Cedar Bluff Board Review Course, Duquesne University ENT Disorders, Pediatrics and Endocrine Disorders. Presentation, August 2009
- Pennsylvania Society of Physician Assistants Annual CME Conference Breastfeeding Basics: What PAs Need to Know. Presentation, October 2008
- Bruggeman H, Morgan, A, Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) Supplementation in Infants. Advance for Pas and NPs. 2006; Vol 14 - Issue 1, October 2006
- APAP Annual Meeting Calhoun, B., Petersen, M., Morgan, A. One Experience is Worth a Thousand Words Student Reflections: Thematic Data for Curriculum and Accreditation, Poster Presentation, November 2005
- Steel City Symposium, Duquesne University Update on the Influenza Vaccine. Presentation, April 2005