Jessica Davis, PT, DPT, OCS, FAAOMPT has been practicing orthopaedic physical therapy with an emphasis in manual therapy since graduating from Duquesne University in 1999. She received her Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Chatham University in 2008, became a Board-Certified Specialist in Orthopaedics in 2002, and a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists with Evidence in Motion in 2017.
Jessica is the co-owner of Perform Physio, LLC. She is currently both an assistant
professor and assistant director of clinical education with Duquesne University. She
is also faculty with the Institute of Clinical Excellence where she is lead faculty
for the Performing Arts Division. She has been faculty for the China Linkage program
with Duquesne University teaching Foundational Concepts. She has also been interim
faculty with the Dance Department of Slippery Rock University teaching dance kinesiology
as well as a lab instructor for Duquesne University's Physical Therapy department.
She has extensive orthopedic manual therapy experience and has provided outpatient
orthopedic physical therapy for many years in southern California and Pittsburgh.
Her primary areas of specialty include orthopedics, manual therapy, and performing
Jessica maintains various professional memberships, including the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists, the Pennsylvania Physical Therapy Association, International Association of Dance Medicine and Science, and the American Physical Therapy Association.
- D.P.T., Physical Therapy, Chatham University, 2008
- M.S., Physical Therapy, Duquesne University, 1999
- B.S., Health Sciences, Duquesne University, 1998
Research Interests or Expertise
- Manual therapy
- Dance medicine
- Case Study, Therapeutic Exercise for Hip Rehabilitation: An Evidence-Based Approach. Injuries to the Hip, Independent Study Course, Orthopedic Section, APTA, June 2014.
- American Physical Therapy Association Orthopedic Section Poster Award Nominee.
- Spinal Imaging in Patients with Low Back Pain. A Systematic Literature Review, 2017.
- Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists
- Board Certified Specialist in Orthopedics
Alternate Delegate for the House of Delegates -
- Pennsylvania Physical Therapy Association, January 2016 - Present
- Pennsylvania Physical Therapy Association Continuing Education Liaison, January 2012 - January 2014
- California Private Practice Special Interest Group - Secretary, June 2002 - June 2004
- Allegheny General Hospital Scholarship Recipient, September 1998
- Guest speaker for Point Park University, Slippery Rock University, and Dance Masters of PA, Duquesne University