The totality of your application, including all supporting documents, is carefully evaluated when considering admission. Below are the deadlines for submitting the Online Application, including all supporting documents. We will review your application after all requirements have been received.
Applicants to the Graduate Certificate in Executive Leadership program are reviewed on a rolling basis. Typically, admission decisions are released within 5-7 business days of an applicant submitting all required materials.
A complete application includes all of the following
Duquesne students and alumni: The registrar will send official transcripts for current students or alumni who have graduated within the past 5 years. For students who have graduated beyond 5 years, you can request your transcript through Duquesne's Registrar.
Other US-based university/college students and alumni: Contact your school's registrar office to have your official transcript sent via email (grad-busFREEDUQUESNE) or via post to:
Palumbo-Donahue School of Business
600 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15282
* You will need to request official transcripts from all colleges and/or universities you have attended. This includes transfer coursework earned at any institution, even if you did not earn a degree.
Students who completed their degree(s) outside the U.S.: Students are required to use a transcript credential evaluation service to obtain a course-by-course report. The official reports must be sent directly to Duquesne University from the service used. Once received, it will satisfy both your transcript and evaluation requirements.
Three-year bachelor's degrees may be acceptable if the credential evaluation service determines that it is equivalent to a four-year bachelor's degree. Please review our Transcript Credential Evaluation page to find out more information.
Please submit a separate essay for each of the questions presented below. Limit your responses to 250 words or less for each essay. Save and upload your responses as one document. Applicants who do not submit their essays in the proper format, or who do not address the question prompts, may be asked to re-write and resubmit their essays.
1. Please provide a summary of your academic and professional background, current career endeavors, motivation for pursuing a graduate business education and future career goals.
2. The Palumbo-Donahue School of Business is in 'The Business of Difference Making." Explain what this means to you and how you would contribute to this goal as a student and eventually as an alumnus(a).
International Students: English Proficiency Requirements
TOEFL scores must be sent directly from the ETS website. Duquesne's institution code for the TOEFL is 2196, and the department code is 02. We require a TOEFL score earned within 12 months (one year) from the time of application. The minimum score for TOEFL is 90.
IELTS scores must be sent directly from the IELTS website. We require an IELTS score earned within 12 months (one year) from the time of application. The minimum score for IELTS is 7.
DET scores must be sent directly from the Duolingo website. We require a DET score earned within 12 months (one year) from the time of application. The minimum score for DET is 115.
100% Online Master's Programs
- International students on a F-1 visa while in the USA cannot enroll in the 100% online graduate business programs.
- International students already in the USA with other visa categories may be eligible to enroll in the 100% online graduate business programs.
- International students who wish to complete the program from their home country may apply.
Please contact International Admissions at Duquesne University for more information.
International students are required to submit an official TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo English Test (DET) score.