Certificate in International Business
IB Certificate Requirements
The International Business Certificate is a fifteen (15) credit program. The certificate is available to any Duquesne University student.
Advantages for Business Students Completing the Certificate
Certain courses in the certificate can be double-counted toward the business core and in many cases toward a student's major(s). As such, business students would take no more than four additional courses, and many business students could earn the certificate with as few as three or even just two additional courses.
Required Courses for the International Business Certificate
- MGMT 262 Global Insights
- IBUS 345 International Negotiation
Two Elective Courses
- ECON 345 International Economics
- FINC 437 International Financial Management
- MGMT 365 Global Business, Govt and Society
- MKTG 443 International Marketing
- SCMG 472 Global Transportation and Logistics
One Capstone Experience
- IBUS 491 International Business Capstone
Two weeks or more in a study abroad experience, which can include:
- The School of Business Maymester
- Other Maymester programs offered at Duquesne
- The DU programs in Rome and Dublin
- DU-approved study abroad programs offered through third-party providers
Taking Certificate Courses through Study Abroad
Certain certificate courses also are offered through the Business Maymester and Rome programs, and potentially others, which means students can satisfy certain course requirements and complete their entire study abroad experience in a single program.