Military & Veterans
At Thomas R. Kline School of Law of Duquesne University, we understand the unique needs of our active duty, reserve, guard, and veteran students-and we're invested in your success. That's why we partner with the Office of Military and Veterans Services to offer support services and assistance to help you meet your goals.
- Available for veterans, spouses and dependents
- Yellow Ribbon participating school
- Merit Scholarship available
- Assistance in maximizing your benefits
All veterans who are attending Thomas R. Kline School of Law of Duquesne University must inform the Law School Registrar, the Certifying Official, of their eligibility to receive educational benefits.
First Veterans Clinic in the Country
The Veterans Clinic provides assistance to veterans accepted into the Veterans Court of the Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas. It uses a holistic approach to train law students in the representation of veterans, focusing on the problem-solving philosophy and recidivism-reducing techniques. Eligible students are certified by the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania to appear in court.
Military Law Society
This student-run organization promotes scholarly discussion of military law and builds social ties between interested students, the law school and the local community for the purpose of professional development.
Military Appreciation Events on Campus
- Veterans' Week events, including the largest Veterans' Day breakfast in Pennsylvania, attracting approximately 700 attendees annually
- Reunion and prayer service during Homecoming
- Military appreciation at football and basketball games
- Veterans' literary society
- Career skills and networking events specifically for military and veterans
Military Services Clinic
The free clinic offers counseling and support to military service members who have served or who expect to serve in the Iraq and/or Afghanistan conflicts and to the loved ones of those involved.