The primary consideration for admission is the secondary school academic record. In order for your application to be reviewed by the Admissions Committee, you must:
- Have completed Algebra, Biology and Chemistry — all of which are requirements for Nursing.
- Have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0.
- Fall 2023 freshman applicants: The Duquesne University School of Nursing has waive the SAT/ACT requirement for Fall 2023. Learn more about test-optional admission.
- Submit one letter of recommendation, preferably from a science or math teacher.
- Applicants (and students) must meet the Technical Standards for Admission and the health requirements found in the Traditional BSN and Second Degree BSN Student Handbook.
International Applicants: Please see additional criteria.
Prospective Transfer Students: Please see relevant information for transferring to the School of Nursing.
- Complete an online Application for Undergraduate Admission.
- You are responsible for ensuring that all required documents are submitted. No final decision can be made on any application until all required documentation is on file.
Deadline to Apply
July 1, 2023 (University deadline)
Deadline to Deposit
May 1, 2023 to secure your spot in the School of Nursing. Once accepted, a non-refundable deposit of $500 is required to become a student.
Please Note: If you have a criminal conviction in your past and are concerned about whether it could prevent you from getting a Nursing license, it is your responsibility to read this document and act accordingly.