Get to Know the City!
In addition to a great education, Pittsburgh gives you access to culture, legendary sports, great neighborhoods, a world-class food scene, thriving industry and jobs, and much more.
Duquesne University stands in the heart of Pittsburgh, a vibrant and safe city recognized worldwide for its livability, welcoming atmosphere and professional opportunities.
This city will be your backdrop—you will explore here, intern here, volunteer here, do research and service here and live in the heart of it all. You'll benefit from the kind of energy you only find in a place on the rise.
In 2022, Pittsburgh was ranked one of the 11 Best U.S. Cities for Young Professionals by Spacewise. Also for 2022, Bloomberg named Pittsburgh the most affordable city for housing, even as accommodation costs around the globe surge.
Additionally, National Geographic listed Pittsburgh among 30 of the Best Cities in the United States based on unconventional metrics believed to lead to happiness, including: green spaces, galleries, coffee shops, breweries, music venues, "Instagrammable" moments and more.
Duquesne students are an important part of the emerging economic and social greatness of the University's home. In fact, Pittsburgh recently jumped to No. 13 in rankings for the world's emerging startup companies.
Campus offers breathtaking views of Pittsburgh and its three rivers, is just two blocks from downtown and only 30 minutes from Pittsburgh International Airport.
One of America's Most Livable Cities
Pittsburgh is a vibrant and safe city that has been recognized worldwide for its livability, welcoming atmosphere and professional opportunities
1 of 11 bestU.S. cities for young professionals in 2022
Just 30 minutes
from Pittsburgh International Airport
#1best city in Pennsylvania
U.S. News & World Report
Duquesne - Pittsburgh Connection
100%of need met for students awarded the Spirit of Community Scholarship.
90+neighborhoods in the city
3shuttles operate throughout the week, connecting Duquesne students to spots in the city.
Neighborhoods & Attractions
Duquesne is close to many must-see places
Art & Culture: Enjoy Inspirational Performances & Exhibits
The possibilities of cultural activities both on and off campus are endless! Pittsburgh's cultural district, located nearby in the heart of downtown Pittsburgh, regularly features plays, musicals, symphonies, ballet, concerts and so much more. The city is also rich with museums of science, art, fascinating history and remarkable artifacts.
From theater companies to musical assemblies, Duquesne is home to many music and performance organizations that are sure to entertain.
There's Something for Everyone
The Cultural District, home to Downtown Pittsburgh’s dynamic art and entertainment scene, offers the following:
- August Wilson Center for African American Culture
- Pittsburgh Ballet Theater
- Pittsburgh CLO
- Pittsburgh Opera
- Pittsburgh Public Theater
- Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra
Find upcoming events from the Pittsburgh Cultural Trust.
You'll Love Our Exciting and Friendly City
- For 2022-23, U.S. News & World Report ranked Pittsburgh as the #1 best city in Pennsylvania to live in and #26 in the country.
- WalletHub named Pittsburgh the nation's best city for football fans in both 2022 and 2021.
- In 2022, Fodor's Travel declared Pittsburgh as one of the best coffee destinations in America.
- Pittsburgh is among the top 10 best cities for STEM jobs, according to WalletHub.
- Condé Nast Traveler named Pittsburgh among its top 10 Best Big Cities in the U.S. for 2019.
- CNBC named Pittsburgh the No. 1 U.S. city for young people based on job opportunities, affordability and livability.
- Global Livability Index 2018 named Pittsburgh the second most livable city in America.
- Pittsburgh named one of four tech hubs in the U.S. to watch in 2018 via VentureBeat.
- The Daily Meal named Pittsburgh the Hippest City in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Pittsburgh tops the list of cities in the U.S. where downtown is making a comeback.
- A joint Trulia and LinkedIn index ranks Pittsburgh No. 1 among America's 40 strongest job markets based on what they have to offer recent college grads.
- Livability.com ranks Pittsburgh among the Top 10 Downtowns in the U.S.
- Pittsburgh has been recognized as one of the top 10 winners in the TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice awards for Destinations on the Rise for 2016.
- Zagat ranks Pittsburgh the No. 1 food city in the country for 2015.
- MSN Money cites Pittsburgh's stable housing market, influx of tech companies such as Google, "up-and-coming" neighborhoods, startup culture and role in the oil industry as some of the many factors that make it one of the 15 hottest American cities for 2015.
- We pride ourselves on having one of the nation’s safest urban campuses.
- There are many ways to have fun in Pittsburgh, from exploring our rich Art & Culture to going to a concert or sporting event—the PPG Paints Arena, home of the Pittsburgh Penguins and hundreds of events a year, is next door to campus—to taking time to relax and enjoy the night life and local eateries.