We're Committed to Diversity & Inclusion
At Duquesne, we believe that equity and opportunity begin right here at home. We strive to be a trusted partner in supporting the diverse talents you may bring, and we're dedicated to attracting, retaining and engaging a talented and diverse workforce.
You have the potential to be part of a diverse community committed to promoting bigger goals through educational excellence, and moral and spiritual values.
Our Social Impact commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is visible in action every day on campus and is led by our Inaugural Chief Diversity Officer.
Human Resources Diversity, Equity, Programs and Initiatives
- Partner with Chief Diversity Officer to renew and enhance DE&I training for hiring managers and to explore resources, tools, and support systems for employees of diverse backgrounds and allies to promote self-empowerment, peer support, and information;
- Promote the University’s award-winning minority development internship program by sharing the participant stories.
- Review compensation and pay structures for minority intern positions; advocate for and update salaries as needed.
- Enhance community outreach efforts to increase pipeline of minority applicants;
- Explore recruitment partnerships with Historically Black Colleges and Universities and Minority Serving Institutions.
The Minority Professional Development Internship Program is open to all qualified and interested parties. The program offers full-time employment, University benefits, and professional development opportunities. Internships are funded for one year with the option of extending an additional year.
The goals of the program:
- Offer basic managerial training consistent with University policies, procedures, and
- Identify placement opportunities in academic departments and business units throughout
the University for a period of three months to one year, with the potential to rotate
to other departments or units depending on project length or business need.
- Provide opportunities to build upon knowledge, skills, and abilities and increase chances to qualify for permanent employment opportunities at Duquesne or at other organizations.
We take pride in sharing with you our Diversity Advocate Program, a group of faculty members throughout the University appointed to full-time faculty searches here at Duquesne. In collaboration with the Chief Diversity Officer and the Office of the Provost, Human Resources provides the members of this program with the proper training, skills, and abilities to help with our faculty searches. The goal of the Diversity Advocate Program is to ensure that the faculty search process is held to the same standard and that we are consistent with the approach each time.
Minority Professional Development Internship Program
The Minority Professional Development Internship Program has received regional and national recognition for best practices in Human Resources. Connect with us today!