Women in STEM
Women in STEM at Duquesne University (WIS@DU) promotes and supports women in basic and applied sciences, technology, engineering and mathematics career paths at Duquesne University. The goals of WIS@DU are as follows:
- Recognize Duquesne women in science for their scientific, teaching and community achievements.
- Advocate for women's issues in STEM fields at Duquesne and in the broader community.
- Identify positive strategies for women at all professional stages to navigate successful STEM and health sciences careers.
- Provide a strong network of women in science who are willing to support and serve as role models for both graduate students and their peers.
WIS@DU hosts public workshops to discuss professional and personal development, as well as provide opportunities for women in the Duquesne University science community. See Women in STEM Collections!
- WIS@DU is an official affiliate group of Association of Women in Science(AWIS).
- Buy an official WIS@DU T-shirt!