The Duquesne University Honors College provides opportunities for students of exceptional academic talent to enrich their education. For over 30 years, honors students have accepted Duquesne's challenge to demand more of themselves intellectually, academically and morally.
We are a unique Honors College, steeped in the Catholic intellectual tradition and celebratory of the contributions our humanities perspectives can make to the professions our students choose. We seek no less than to liberate every human person from injustice, poverty, and ignorance.
At Duquesne, we say Spiritus est qui vivificat. May your search for future academic and intellectual challenges be an inspired one!
Are you up for the challenge? In the Honors College, you can:
- Develop potential to lead your field - through academic achievement, professional development and lifelong attentiveness to the needs and gifts of others.
- Have unique, tangible opportunities to merge your professional goals with creative work in liberal arts.
- Absorb the Catholic intellectual tradition and the humanities perspective, which will influence your path when you graduate.
- Become leaders in their field
- Participate in a unique, inspiring academic experience
- Share their specific interests with other like-minded individuals.
A respected degree
Over our 140+ year history, we've developed a national reputation for academic excellence. For 2022, Niche.com gives Duquesne an A+ in Best College Locations, an A for value and an overall A- among colleges and universities in the entire nation.
Recent student groups applying for the Honors College class are larger, more academically prepared and more diverse than in previous years.