UPass Program for Discounted Bus Rides
Thanks to a unique partnership with the Pittsburgh Regional Transit (formerly known as the Port Authority), discounted bus rides are available to all students, faculty and staff who enroll in Duquesne University's new UPass program. Through an app on your mobile device, you can ride anywhere Pittsburgh Regional Transit (PRT) travels at a discounted fare of $1.74 per ride (compared to the $2.75 regular price).
The UPass does not include transfers as part of its fare. Since there are many options available from PRT, please evaluate when choosing the fare option that best serves your transit needs.
Sign up for UPass
You can sign up for UPass beginning Monday, July 25, 2022, and start using the UPass app Monday, Aug. 15, 2022. Enrollment remains open throughout the academic year.
Rather than a blanket enrollment, mandatory fee system or ride restrictions similar to neighboring universities, riders who opt-in will actively enroll in the program at the start of each academic year, and will be able to ride anywhere Pittsburgh Regional Transit travels. This opt-in model allows riders to enjoy a discounted rate and does not impose a fee on others who do not use this service.
This initiative is exclusive to the Duquesne community. Based upon your needs, Pittsburgh Regional Transit has additional ridership and fare options that may be better suited for you (for example, ConnectCard, Annual, Monthly, and Weekly passes, etc). View all the fares/programs Pittsburgh Regional Transit provides.
To sign up and activate your UPass Mobile Account:
- Download the Ready2Ride App to your mobile device.
Ready2Ride iOS Download
Ready2Ride Android Download
- Create an account within the app using your duq.edu email address.
- Complete the Enrollment and Payment Agreement Form.
- The monthly pass will be loaded into your ticket wallet prior to the start of the program on August 15, 2022. If you enroll after August 15, your pass will be uploaded within three to five business days. NOTE: Although the Ready2Ride app will show you have a monthly pass at $97.50, you will only be billed monthly for actual usage of the UPass at the discounted rate via the payment method you selected.
- At the start of each month, you will need to activate your pass in the ticket wallet to generate the barcode for that month.
- Scan the barcode each time you enter the bus.
Billing will occur at the end of the month based upon actual usage and selected billing method (student account or online portal).