Evaluations and treatment of children and adults having difficulty producing sounds or being understood by others. Modification of accent is also provided.
This Clinic is designed for children or adults experiencing difficulty being understood or producing or imitating specific sounds. Speech challenges may be the result of a neurological or developmental condition. The Clinic also addresses the needs of individuals seeking to modify an accent to increase understandability. Services include formal diagnostics and individualized treatment in a one-on-one setting. Services may also be provided through Telepractice.
- Provide evidence-based intervention
- Integrate parents and caregivers into therapy program
- Promote generalization of therapy goals to social, academic and occupational settings
- Integrate research-based evaluation and treatment procedures with standard clinical management of children and adults
- Coordinate program with other support services
Treatment Approaches/Therapeutic Strategies
- Motor enhanced multi-sensory techniques
- Phonological approaches
- Traditional approaches
- Phonemic awareness strategies
The Speech Production Clinic offers a variety of unique treatment tools using biofeedback methods to create a multi-sensory evidence-based treatment approach. These include:
- Tactile/Kinesthetic Cuing
- Gestural Cues
- Augmented and Alternative Strategies