What qualifications do I need to apply to the Post-Baccalaureate (PB-PMHPP) Program?
To be considered for the PB-PMHPP, an applicant must:
- Hold an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university
- Have a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of ≥ 3.0 on a 4.0 scale; relevant post-baccalaureate coursework also will be considered.
- Have a minimum 2.75 Math/Science GPA for all relevant math/science courses work taken from all institutions attended
- Submit final transcripts that demonstrate no final D or F grades, with no more than one repeat of courses in which D or F grades were earned.
- Have chosen a specific medical or health discipline to pursue
- Have demonstrated knowledge and experiences in the area of interest (eg, shadowing, volunteer, observation experiences)
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident of the United States
Special consideration will be given to students who have not taken the professional school admission test (eg, MCAT, DAT, OAT, or GRE); however, if an applicant has taken the examination before applying to the PB-PMHPP, he/she must share those results with the PMHPP and should not retake the examination until the PB-PMHP program is completed.
How Do I apply?
The on-line application for Fall 2021 matriculation is now closed. It will open on December 1, 2021 for Fall 2022 matriculation.
- Applications received by April 1st will be given priority for review and consideration.
- On-line applications received after April 1st may be considered for review at the discretion of the PB-PMHPP based upon space availability in the program until May 1st. All supplemental information must also be in by May 1 or the application will be considered incomplete. A career changer certificate program applicant who has intentions to begin classes during the summer should apply to the PB-PMHPP no later than February 1.
- If you are interested in the combined PMHPP Certificate-Masters option, you must gain acceptance into the PB-PMHPP BEFORE the application materials can be considered for the desired master degree program
- A Certificate-Masters applicant should NOT apply for his/her intended master's degree program through the University on-line graduate application unless that student receives instruction to do so per their PMHPP acceptance packet. The PMHPP will forward all supplemental application materials to your chosen program once acceptance into the PB-PMHPP is determined. An applicant applying to one of these programs is subject to that specific program's standards, deadlines, and space availability.
The PB-PMHPP will not review an application until it is considered "complete" meaning the on-line application AND all supportive documents have been received by the PB-PMHPP.
Incomplete applications, application materials that are not received according to the manner described in the instructions, or received after the deadline will NOT be reviewed and will be automatically rejected by the program. It is the applicant's responsibility to be aware of all deadlines.
Graduate Student Retention Standards
Students who gain acceptance and matriculate into the PB-PMHPP must maintain the following standards to remain in the program:
- No grade lower than a "C" in any course. A student may repeat a course once to achieve passing grade
- Minimum overall GPA of ≥ 3.0
- Minimum semester GPA of ≥ 3.0; A student may fall below this semester GPA only once, but may not fall below this standard in any subsequent semesters
- Minimum semester and overall math/science and science GPAs of ≥ 3.0; A student may fall below the math/science and science GPA only once, but may not fall below this standard in any subsequent semesters
- Must be in good standing with the University and, if enrolled in a master's degree program, within his/her respective degree program
Have additional questions? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.