Transition to Bridges
Duquesne University's new general education curriculum, the Bridges Common Learning Experience (CLE), launches in Fall 2021. The general education curriculum makes up roughly 1/3 of your undergraduate degree.
Current students need to know:
- Any coursework you are currently taking or have completed under the outgoing University Core Curriculum will count toward your Bridges requirement.
- The transition to Bridges will not adversely impact your progress toward graduation.
- Bridges will provide students with more choice in meeting their general education requirements.
- Even though Bridges launches in Fall 2021, current students may be able to take advantage of the flexibility Bridges offers in their spring 2021 and summer 2021 course registrations.
- Students can use the spreadsheets below to track how courses they may have taken for the University Core will be approved for use under Bridges.
- Students are strongly encouraged to consult with their academic advisors during pre-registration for spring 2021 and summer 2021.
- Student FAQ Document