MS in Analytics & Information Management (STEM)
Transform data into actionable insights
Duquesne's 30-credit MS in Analytics & Information Management (MS-AIM) will prepare you to apply models, analytical methods and visualization tools to data, producing insights that lead to better business decisions. You'll gain distinctive skills, including:
- Expertise in data analytics and information management with a strong focus on business strategies.
- Proven techniques such as storytelling to communicate and explain your findings.
- Understanding of data manipulation, data modeling, querying, machine learning, and visualizations
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art tools in the field of analytics
- Ability to make high-stakes and impactful recommendations to top management as part of your project-based curriculum
Choose your course plan
Three degree completion options make the program a great fit for full-time students as well as those balancing personal and professional responsibilities:
- One-year pathway (three semesters) with hybrid and online courses
- Two-year pathway (six semesters) with hybrid and online courses
- Two-year pathway (six semesters) with 100% online courses*
Is this program right for you?
While many MS-AIM students enter the program with technical expertise, it is not required for admission. There are a variety of attributes that will position you for success in the program, including:
- Experience using (especially installing or learning) new and emerging technology in your personal or professional life
- A "growth mindset" - The technology and skills you will learn in the program are accessible to beginners, but may require more time and attention to learn
- Willingness to seek out assistance or work collaboratively with classmates, faculty, and staff
STEM Designated Program
MS in Analytics and Information Management is a STEM Designated Program. STEM designated programs provide interdisciplinary technical and mathematical skills, as well as the business acumen needed to help solve complex business issues and help navigate the future of business.
*While the majority of the MS-AIM can be completed online with asynchronous courses, the capstone class has several synchronous virtual meeting requirements.