Master of Science in Leadership at Duquesne
Learn, analyze, and interact in new and exciting ways. Be prepared to meet the challenges and changes in today's rapidly evolving and more global professional landscape.
In need of a flexible schedule? This program is ideal for adult working professionals with current or anticipated leadership responsibilities at all levels and from diverse professional backgrounds and experiences.
We offer a wide range of courses across disciplines to provide professionals with targeted and flexible skills with which to develop and strengthen their individual leadership style and philosophy and to advance their career development goals. Courses focus on competencies such as critical and creative thinking, innovative problem solving, making critical decisions, communicating effectively, forging alliances, and inspiring others, all within a strong ethical framework.
Make a difference in your professional career - and your life - with a master's degree in leadership. It's our responsibility and joy to help you dig into what you're good at and discover why that's good for the world. It's time for bigger goals.
Why choose Duquesne's 30-credit Master of Science in Leadership?
- Diverse up-to-date courses with a strong ethical dimension
- Distinguished faculty with academic and professional expertise
- Convenient online courses
- Flexibility to start in August, January, or May
- Self pacing
- Degree can be earned in less than two years
- No required entrance exams (GRE or GMAT)
- Access to Career Services during program and then as an alumnus
- Special tuition discount for employees of partner organizations.
- Information on our affordable tuition rates can be found here.
- Corporate deferment payment options are available for graduate programs.
- An Advisor will guide you through the entire process from registration to graduation and is happy to meet with you on campus and/or online
- New to online learning? We help you to become comfortable with online learning through orientations and direct human support
- Online access to the University's Writing Center and Gumberg Library
- Strong support to military and veteran students through the Veteran and Military Services.
Leadership Core - 15 credits
- Theories and Models of Leadership
- Organizational Communication
- Conflict Resolution
- Leading People
- Leadership Capstone
Elective Courses - 15 credits
Examples of MS in Leadership elective courses:
- Leading Mindfully
- Leadership for Turbulent Times
- Developing Leadership Character Through Adversity
Up to two (2) graduate relevant electives may be transferred from another graduate program at Duquesne or other accredited University, with permission.
If you would like to speak with an advisor, please contact Linda Rendulic at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-396-6400.
For fall beginning term, deadline is August 1.
For spring beginning term, deadline is January 3.
For summer beginning term, deadline is April 10.
For details regarding authorization by state of residence, please visit here.