Start your adventure early
New campus, new classes, new adventures - plus special summer savings
Welcome to Duquesne! Spend your summer in a park-like setting, close to the summer activities in Pittsburgh. Meet new, life-long friends; get ahead on classes; learn your way around campus early, and experience the beauty and excitement of our city in the summertime.
The University has a number of summer courses starting in May, June and July designed to give you a jump start on your degree.
New, incoming first-year students who commit to Duquesne and submit their deposit for the fall semester by May 1 are eligible to take summer courses at a special rate of of $371 per credit (more than 70% less than the regular tuition rate!). Students who deposit for the fall semester after May 1, can take classes 50% off the tuition rate when taking a minimum of 12 credits (four, 3-credit courses) during the summer session
New transfer students get 50% off the tuition rate when taking a minimum of 12 credits (four, 3-credit courses) during the summer session.
Enjoy Complimentary Campus Housing
While you're taking classes (at least part-time enrollment), you can live in campus housing at no charge - just pay for the meal plan.
Fill out this form to start your Duquesne experience this summer!
- gain real world experience -- as well as free parking on campus*
- build your DU network as you meet other students, faculty and staff before you start your fall semester
- build your resume and experience with mentoring from faculty and staff
*Gumberg Library Fellows who are also taking at least 12 credits can also take advantage of our reduced summer tuition rates and complimentary housing with the purchase of a meal planApply for Library Fellows
The Gussin Spiritan Division (GSD) summer program offers additional support for new first-year students through a planned class schedule and activities. GSD courses help students improve writing skills and learn techniques for better time management, note-taking, test preparation and test-taking:
- Essential Questions (3 cr.)
- Research and Information Skills (1 cr.)
- Strategies for Academic Success (1 cr.)
- Introduction to University Success (1 cr.)
Fun summer activities are included in the schedule, too!
The GSD program is packaged at a significantly reduced rate and includes six credits, housing, a meal plan and books. There are two ways to participate:
- Be accepted into the year-long GSD program
- Enroll in the program as a non-GSD student just for the summer start
If you would like to participate in this program, fill out the form for the GSD summer start.
Apply for GSD Summer Start
Browse Summer Classes Guide
Click or tap the Browse Classes button or link to open the search page for the University's course system and select Summer from the drop down menu.
You can enter the subject area or other search criteria if you know it or go to the next step for tips to search based on summer start dates or download this step by step guide.
Summer classes begin in June or July
- To search for courses with a specific start date, click in the bottom search field
labeled “Start Date, Bridges Attributes”.
- You can select “June start date”, or “July start date” from the dropdown menu, or you can type it in the box to select it.
- You can add multiple search items, including Subject, Course number, or keywords that
appear in the course title or description.
- To search all Bridges courses, add BRDG to the "Subject" search field.
After entering your search items, click the search button
The results of your search will display.
You can use the mouse to expand the columns, or re-sort the list by column, such as course number.
Click on the course title for more detailed information on the course including course description, restrictions, prerequisites, and other helpful information.