Homecoming 2016 Weekend Slated at Duquesne University
Alumni, friends, students, faculty and staff are expected to celebrate Duquesne University's Homecoming 2016 Weekend, scheduled for Friday, Sept. 23, through Sunday, Sept. 25, on campus.
Featuring the theme Now That's What I Call Duquesne!, Homecoming 2016 Weekend features a variety of activities. Among the planned events are:
Friday, Sept. 23
- Welcome Mass, noon, Duquesne Chapel
- Golden Dukes Luncheon, for alumni from the class of 1966 and earlier, 1 p.m., Africa Room, Union
- Homecoming Kickoff Party and Trivia, 8 p.m., The Red Ring
Saturday, Sept. 24
- Autumnfest and KidsZone, featuring crafts, food and game booths, inflatable games, balloon artists, face painting, appearances by the Duquesne Duke and the Pittsburgh Pirates' Pierogies, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Academic Walk
- Tailgate Lunch with New President Ken Gormley, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Mellon Hall Lawn
- Duquesne Dukes vs. Kennesaw State Owls, 1 p.m., Rooney Field
- Alumni Jazz Concert, 5 p.m., Union Ballroom
Sunday, Sept. 25
- Farewell Mass, 11 a.m., Duquesne University Chapel
- Duquesne Ring Blessing, 12:30 p.m., Ring Monument (between Rangos and Rockwell)
For more information, including cost, detailed schedule and registration, visit www.duq.edu/Homecoming or call 412.396.6209.
Founded in 1878, Duquesne is consistently ranked among the nation's top Catholic universities for its award-winning faculty and tradition of academic excellence. Duquesne, a campus of nearly 9,500 graduate and undergraduate students, has been nationally recognized for its academic programs, community service and commitment to sustainability. Follow Duquesne University on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.