Duquesne University Women's Guild
The Women’s Guild of Duquesne University was founded in 1928 with the blessing of the University Chancellor, Bishop Boyle, to work with the Dean of Women in sponsoring activities. In the 1940's, the group joined with other alumni groups to help promote the Student Loan Fund. Their efforts led to an annual “Pink Geranium Card Party.” Proceeds went to the development of the University. The group also began honoring the mothers of the freshman students each Fall by hosting a tea.
These traditions continue today as women from all walks of life and associations with Duquesne University join together and continue to sponsor activites that benefit Duquesne University and our students. Please consider making a tax-deductible donation today.
We invite you to join the Women’s Guild and be a part of this great tradition. Join online today or mail in a membership form. For more information, please call Melissa Loughner, President, at 412.396.6055 or email her at email@example.com.
Or, like us on Facebook!
__ Don't forget to check out our upcoming events __
2021 "Stepping Into Spring" Basket Raffle Winners
- Gardener's Delight - Rebecca Davis
- Spa Day Any Day - Jennifer Smith
- Black N Gold "Fan"atic - Theresa Martin
- Start Your Day - Theresa Martin
- Vera Bradley & Bath & Body Works - Sara Baron
- Sit Back & Relax - Alison Wojcik
- Wine-OH! - Darlene Kruth
- Campers Delight - 2 Identical Prizes - 1st Eileen Gavin/2nd Rebecca Davis
- T. G. I. F. - Marci Heckler
- Just For Her - Julie Brand
- Kitchen Aids - Monica Pedano
- Everything Steelers - Darlene Kruth
- Dog-Gone-It - Rose Ravasio
- Hello Beautiful - Rona Stockey
- Bon Appetite - Rona Stockey
Monies raised support an endowed Duquesne Scholarship for students experiencing financial difficulties and Spiritan Campus Ministry.
Thank you for supporting the Women's Guild Spring Plant Sale!
Give the gift of cooking, baking and more with a Women's Guild cookbook. Filled with more than 100 tried-and-tested recipes such as Ken Gormley's Christmas Morning French Toast, Sharon Oelschlager's Coconut Macaroons or Rich and Lil Longo's Squash and Eggs - Zucca E Ova. For only $20, they make a well-priced, delicious gift.
Supplies limited. Contact Bernie Krueger at 412.396.4936 or firstname.lastname@example.org to order your book today!