This page contains information about IT services and resources available to Duquesne students who are learning remotely.
On this page
- Computing equipment
- University email
- Microsoft Office
- Cloud storage services
- Zoom video conferencing
- Gumberg Library resources
All students should have access to the following computing equipment to participate in online classes:
- Laptop or desktop computer
If you do not have access to this equipment, please contact your professor so they are aware.
Your professors will use Blackboard, the University's learning management system (LMS), to post assignments, class updates and discussion board topics. You can access Blackboard by either signing to DORI and clicking the Blackboard icon under Quick Links or going to duq.edu/blackboard.
Need help using Blackboard?
- Sign into Blackboard.
- Click the Blackboard Help tab located in the top right area.
- Click the Student Help tab.
You can access Microsoft Office apps, such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel, by either:
- Downloading Microsoft Office on your personal devices. Go to duq.edu/ms-office for instructions on how to install Microsoft Office on Windows and macOS devices.
- Signing into your University email account and clicking the app launcher icon in the top left corner.
Cloud storage services
You can save, upload and collaborate on files using either Box or Microsoft OneDrive cloud storage services.
- Go to duq.edu/box.
- Click Continue on the prompt asking if you are a member of Duquesne University.
- Sign in with your MultiPass username and password.
- Go to duq.edu/onedrive.
- Enter your University email address and click Next.
- Sign in with your MultiPass username and password,
Zoom video conferencing
Zoom is a video conferencing tool that allows you to collaborate with professors and classmates through audio, video or both. If connecting with a computer, participants can share and view each other's computer screens.
You can join a Zoom session using your computer or mobile device, or by calling in from your phone. Visit duq.zoom.us to start using Zoom.
Gumberg Library resources
As you transition to online learning for all your courses, please be aware of the following library services:
- Electronic resources, including books, journals and streaming video, are available at duq.edu/library.
- Research assistance, including consultations with librarians, can be scheduled through Ask Gumberg.
- Interlibrary Loan requests for electronic information (journal articles, book chapters, etc.) can be made through ILLiad. You will need to sign into ILLiad using your MultiPass username and password.
- Continuation of print Interlibrary Loan and EZ Borrow.