Mailing Lists (LISTSERV)
If you need to send an email to a large number of recipients, we recommed requesting a mailing list. The University uses LISTSERV to create and manage electronic mailiing lists.
On this page
How do I subscribe to a list?
How do I unsubscribe from a list?
How do I post or reply to a LISTSERV list?
How do I request a list be made?
You can request a LISTSERV mailing list by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name of the list (ex. Undergraduate students 2020, Media department staff)
- Name(s) of list administrator(s)
- Brief description of what the list will be used for
- Whether the list is permanent or temporary. If temporary, please indicate the date the list is needed until.
After your list is created, the CTS Help Desk will send you an email that includes your username, password and instructions for signing into LISTSERV.
How do I send an email to a mailing list?
You can send an email to a mailing list by either:
- Composing a new email in your University email and adding the mailing list address (email@example.com) as a recipient
- Sign into LISTSERV and create a new mailing
If you are sending an HTML-based email or want to track mailing analytics, such as the open rate and number of clickthroughs, we recommend creating and sending your email through the LISTSERV website. Otherwise, please use the first method to send email to a mailing list.
How do I manage my lists using the LISTSERV web interface?
How do I moderate my lists using LISTSERV?