|ALERT : Service changes are coming to Lyris. Click here to learn more information|
If you need to send an email to a large number of recipients, we recommend requesting a mailing list. The University uses Lyris List Manager to create and manage electronic mailing lists.
On this page
Request a mailing list
You can request a Lyris mailing list by sending an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Name of the list (ex. Undergraduate students 2020, Media department staff)
- Name(s) of list administrator(s)
- Brief description of what the list will be used for
- Whether the list is permanent or temporary. If temporary, please indicate the date the list is needed until.
After your list is created, the CTS Help Desk will send you an email that includes your username, password and instructions for signing into Lyris.
Send an email to a mailing list
You can send an email to a mailing list by either:
- Composing a new email in your University email and adding the mailing list address (firstname.lastname@example.org) as a recipient
- Signing into Lyris and creating a new mailing.
If you are sending an HTML-based email or want to track mailing analytics, such as the open rate and number of clickthroughs, we recommend creating and sending your email through the Lyris website. Otherwise, please use the first method to send an email to a mailing list.