Project and Portfolio Management Office
The mission of the Computing and Technologies Services (CTS) Project and Portfolio Management Office (PPMO) is to provide an enterprise-wide approach to identify, prioritize, and successfully execute a technology portfolio of programs and projects that are aligned with Duquesne University's strategic goals and vision.
The PPMO will foster partnerships with informal project managers to manage and control project constraints by ensuring project plans are implemented on schedule, within scope, and budget. Project management leadership is responsible for establishing and implementing best practices that benefit the University in a way that encourages collaboration, standardization and an overall improvement in our educational community.
Successful Value-Add IT Projects. Every Time.
- Support faculty, staff, students and the DU community as a source for project management leadership and expertise
- Promote best practice standards, quality, and methodologies into a project management discipline
- Utilize PMBOK-based methodology as well as support a "tailored" approach for project management at DU
- Provide a channel of communication for project status & financial health, and mitigation of issues, risks, and dependencies across projects, departments, and/or divisions
- Build project management maturity at the organization level
- Recommend and use the proper methodologies and best practice standards to ensure successful completion of IT projects
- Manage the IT Project Portfolio
- Keep DU leadership and the project community informed
- Serve as consultant & coach to the DU community on IT Project & Portfolio Management practices
- Build Project Management maturity at the organizational level
- Partner with campus constituents to guide and ensure project success
- Develop Business Process Engineering (BPE) capabilities within CTS
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org