Students and employees can download Microsoft Office for free on a maximum of five personal devices. Microsoft Office for Windows devices features Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Access, Publisher and Outlook. Microsoft Office for macOS devices features Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote and Outlook.
On this page
Installing Microsoft Office
Follow the steps below or in our documentation to install Microsoft Office on a personally-owned Windows or macOS device.
- Visit duq.edu/mail and sign in with your MultiPass username and password.
- Click the app launcher icon located in the top left corner.
- Click Office 365 in the app launcher menu.
- Click Install Office.
- Select Office 365 apps from the dropdown menu.
- The Microsoft Office installer will download. After it downloads, double-click the file to start the installation.
- After Microsoft Office is successfully installed, open any Microsoft Office application.
- Enter your university email address.
- Select Work or School Account on the sign-in page. You will be redirected to the standard Duquesne University web application sign-in page.
- Sign in with your MultiPass username and password. You have successfully activated your license for Microsoft Office.
Microsoft Office apps are also available on iOS and Android devices. Visit the App Store or Google Play Store to download Microsoft Office apps. When prompted, sign in with your university email account to activate a Microsoft Office app, such as Word, Excel or PowerPoint.
How do I deactivate a Microsoft Office license?
Follow the steps below to sign out of Microsoft Office on a device:
- Perform steps 1-5 listed above or found in this document.
- After clicking Install Office, select Other install options.
- Select Apps and devices.
- In the box labeled Office, expand Devices.
- Click Sign Out next to the device you want to sign out from.
I installed Microsoft Office, but I don't see any shortcuts on my desktop. What do I do?
If shortcuts are not automatically created on your desktop or taskbar, you can manually create them.
- Open Finder and select the Applications tab.
- Drag and drop the desired Microsoft Office applications on your dock.
- Click the search icon and type "office."
- Right-click the desired Microsoft Office applications and select Pin to taskbar.
I receive an error when I try to install Microsoft Office. What do I do?
Contact the CTS Help Desk at 412.396.4357, email@example.com or in-person on the second floor of the Union.